Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Number76 is the magic number


Today i went to number76 - a Japanese salon here in Kuala Lumpur, to get a much needed trim and a colour touch up for Le Horrible roots.  They have 2 branches here in Malaysia, one in Mid Valley and the other in Mont Kiara - I opted for the former. This was my first visit there and it was indeed a very pleasant experience. I was attended by Yoshi who was very lovely, hospitable and not to mention cute!

Being so accustomed to bleaching my hair, i was prepared to withstand some mild scalp torture in order to achieve the oh-so-desired ash brown colour. However, Yoshi advised me that it was not necessary for bleach because it is, of course, bad for the hair and scalp and that it was possible to go without bleach to make my dark roots match the rest of my hair. So, bleach-free it was! After carefully applying the colour onto my roots, he was also extremely attentive as he continually checked on my hair while it was developing.

On to the trim : Yoshi did an impeccable job! I told him that i like my hair to be on the heavier, fuller side and that was what he gave me. I always tend to panic (quietly on the inside) when hairdressers pull out that layering scissors (you know the one that looks kind of like a mini comb combined with a pair of scissors) and start hacking into my hair to create this so called layered look, to apparently give more "volume" and "movement",  which always end up looking so terribly wispy, like dried squid tentacles. Having said that, even though there was a little layering cutting action going on today, i still ended up with a full bodied head of hair which i am very pleased with. What can i say, the man knows his tools well, or rather, he's just pretty darn good at what he does.

an awkward aerial view of my head
my usual awkward expression
 
My trim and colour touch up today came up to RM 218 and it was entirely worth it for the service there. I would definitely be returning there in the future when Le Horrible roots begin to appear and i would also like to try out their hair treatments which are magical, according to Cheesie. Oh and i also forgot to mention that they're not pushy like the usual hair salons here in KL where they push you to do treatments and buy hair products and tell me that my hair is 干到要死, literally meaning your hair is dry to the stage that it's going to die or in Manglish : dry until want to die (笑). But they're not like that at Number76, which is a big plus.
So if you're looking for a good place to pimp your hair, look no further than Number76! I no lie.


number76 Mid Valley:
ADDRESS:A-G-2, Ground Floor, North Point, Mid Valley City, No.1 Medan Syed Putra Utra 59200 Kuala Lumpur
TEL: +603 2287 0661/0662
EMAIL: info@76style.com
STORE HOURS: 10:30 - 19:30 (Closed on Monday)

 
i shall leave you with some equally awkward yet cute looking buns.




No comments:

Post a Comment